What is the best exercise for weight loss. Guess what? There is no such thing. No surprise there, right? A man with leg problems can’t run to lose weight, and swimming won’t work for someone without access to a pool. In other words, there is no one-size-fits-all prescription here. You have to work out which exercises are best for you.
Some Of The Best Exercises For Weight Loss
Getting your heart and breathing rate up for a time at least three times a week is the general idea. There are many ways to do that. Any activity will burn some calories, though, so don’t feel you have to start doing heavy workouts to get some benefit. Some possibilities and ideas follow, but please talk to your doctor before starting any of the more athletic activities.
- Find things you enjoy doing, which also involve moving your body. You are much more likely to persevere in your efforts if you enjoy yourself.
- Swimming is a great weight loss exercise for many people, because it is easy on the joints. Swimming in cool water also means your body burns calories heating itself.
- Walking is often a better alternative to running or jogging. It is easier on the body, and delivers about the same benefits for the same distance traveled. It is also more enjoyable for many of us. Walking also can be done in large malls when the weather is bad outside.
- Walking up and down stairs is a very aerobic exercise. It burns almost as many calories as jogging, without the problems of weather. In the right place, it can be more private too.
- A stationary bicycle is tough to use regularly because of the boredom factor. If you only allow yourself to watch your favorite television show while pedaling, however, you may feel more motivated.
- Parking far away from every place you go can mean a lot of extra walking. Once you do it enough, it will become an almost unconscious habit.
- Walking the dog can be great for you and the dog. It’s also a good way to meet other people.
- A job that requires physical activity can be a way to guarantee you’ll get enough exercise. Just be sure it’s something you can handle and enjoy.
- Gardening has helped a lot of people burn calories doing something enjoyable. It also can produce the
Healthy foods that help with weight loss.
What is available to you will partly determine what exercises you can use. You also may have some personal limitations. What you enjoy may be the most important consideration, though, because the best exercise for weight loss is the one you will actually do.